Asalamm Alaikium everyone! My name is Sajid and I would like to dedicate this tumblr page to my faith; Islam and share inspirational photographs, pieces of writing and videos about some important pillars in life: Peace, Love, Happiness and Islam.
Thank you for taking the time to visit this page. All comments and questions are welcome.
Be kind to one another and always remember Allah is with you :)
Sultan Murad Leads His Prayer
The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Keep away from ill-thinking (suspicions) because ill-thinking is the greatest falsehood.” [Sahih Bukhari]
Sultan Murad IV, the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire from 1623-1640, would often anonymously go into the midst of the people to see their state. One evening, he felt an uneasiness in himself and the urge to go out. He called for his head of security and out they went.
They came to a busy vicinity and found a man lying on the ground. The Sultan prodded him but he was dead while people were going about their own businesses. Nobody seemed to care about the dead man lying on the ground. The Sultan called out to the people. They didn’t recognise him and asked him what he wanted.
He said, “Why is this man lying dead on the ground and why does no one seem to care? Where is his family?”
They replied, “He is so and so, the drunkard and fornicator!”
The Sultan said, “Is he not from the Ummah of Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam)? Now help me carry him to his house.”
So they carried the dead man to his house and then left. Only the Sultan and his assistant remained. When the man’s wife saw his dead body, she began weeping. She said to his dead body, “Allah have mercy on you! O friend of Allah! I bear witness that you are from the pious ones.”
The Sultan was bewildered. He said, “How is he from the pious ones when the people say such and such things about him. So much so that no one even cared that he was dead?”
She replied, “I was expecting that. My husband would go to the tavern every night and buy as much wine as he could. He would then bring it home and pour it all down the drain. He would then say, “I saved the Muslims a little today.” He would then go to a prostitute, give her some money and tell her to close her door till the morning. He would then return home for a second time and say, “Today I saved a young woman and the youth of the believers from vice.” The people would see him buy wine and they would see him go to the prostitutes and they would consequently talk about him. One day I said to him, “When you die, there will be no one to bathe you, there will be no one to pray over you and there will be no one to bury you!” He laughed and replied, “Don’t fear, the Sultan of the believers, along with the pious ones shall pray over my body.”
The Sultan began to cry. He said, “By Allah! He has said the truth, for I am Sultan Murad. Tomorrow we shall bathe him, pray over him and bury him.” And so it happened that the Sultan, the scholars, the pious people and the masses prayed over him.
We judge people by what we see and what we hear from others. We do not see what is concealed in their hearts, a secret between them and their Lord.
“O you who believe, abstain from many of the suspicions. Some suspicions are sins. And do not be curious (to find out faults of others), and do not backbite one another. Does one of you like that he eats the flesh of his dead brother? You would abhor it. And fear Allah. Surely Allah is Most-Relenting, Very-Merciful.” (49:12)
Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)
This is so beautiful!
There might come a day that Allah allows you to fall in love, and when you do you’ll be unable to fall out of it. And so he’ll put it into your heart to pursue her, and you’ll do whatever it takes to have her. Then one day you’ll go to her father and ask for her hand, and Allah will soften her father’s heart so that he’ll allow the union between you. You will marry her, and realize how lucky you are, and that despite her flaws you have been given the perfect complement to yourself. You can see in her eyes everything good you want for yourself, and you realize that every night that good lies beside you. Marriage will be difficult, she’ll be difficult, but she’ll be something you’ll pursue the best in, always thinking of her first, considering how she feels, and determined to treat her better than any other man on earth could have.
And so you two will grow old together, and if you did things right you’ll fall in love with her again and again and again each day, but only if you realize that love isn’t something you find but something you create. It’s something that abounds from the realization that you are both flawed, the realization that you’re both frayed, and that your union works best when following God’s design. You see his design and see that Allah braids you two together, and despite your flaws and your fraying, you’re made stronger than you two ever were separate You’ll realize that your families should be there for you, that being patient and not rushing is a key to success, and that putting God before each other is most important.
Then there will come a day when you realize that losing her would be worse than death itself, and so you hope and pray to God that you pass away before she does, because otherwise you know you would live the rest of your life dying from the poison of your broken heart. So you pray and pray and pray that God bring you home, before he brings her, not only so that you don’t have to live without her, but so that you can beg God to let her in to jannah for how perfect she has been to you.
10 TIPS ON HOW TO CONCENTRATE DURING SALAT (PRAYERS)
1. Before standing up for Prayer, try to deal with all the minor urgent matters which demand your attention. If you are pressed by hunger, eat first; if you are pressed to attend to the call of nature, relieve yourself; if you are the parent of an infant, feed him or her, or keep him or her busy.
2. Perform your wudu’ (ablution) well, paying …due care and attention.
3. Approach the Prayer with zest and passion as if it is the last prayer in your life before dying. Actually the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) taught us that we could do nothing in this world that could ever surpass Prayer in merit and excellence.
4. Visualize that in your Prayer you are going to have a special audience with Allah, Lord of the worlds, and that you are enjoying a direct communion with Him—which, in fact, is true.
5. Think of the Prayer you are performing as if it were the last Prayer of your life. In fact, it could very well be the last one, since no one is given a guarantee that he would live to perform another Prayer.
6. Picture the scene of the Last Day when people will be lined up into two , one destined for Heaven, and another for Hell, and ask yourself where you would be placed.
7. Focus your mind on what you are reading in your Prayer and recite simple surah
that you understand it’s meaning and ponder on the meaning whiles u recite.
8. If, in spite of your best efforts, your mind is still wandering, seek refuge in Allah and bring your mind back to Prayer.
9. Pray to Allah and beg Him to grant you true the joy of concentrating in your Prayer and protection against the wanderings of your mind.
10. Place your eyesight to the one spot where you will be making your sujud while you recite and avoid taking your eyes from that spot.
May Allah protect us from the tricks of shaitan during prayers and forgive us our mistakes.
original found : we love islam (via sirajudheen)